Correction: A reference bacterial genome dataset generated on the MinION™ portable single-molecule nanopore sequencer Nicholas Loman, University of Birmingham 2 January 2015 Recently we noticed that we could not reproduce Figure 3 while analysing this data as part of a new experiment (1). This was due to a modification to the script used for extracting sequence alignment profiles from the dataset (2). On further investigation we found that an error in this script had been reported and a fix supplied by an anonymous online contributor on October 27th 2014 via Github (3). The error prevented mismatches from being properly counted in the calculation of read accuracy (insertions and deletions were). We therefore present updated versions of Figures 3 and 4 generated by the corrected script. We are grateful to the anonymous contributor who noticed this error. The manuscript text and tables are unaffected. We would also like to correct the spelling of Minh Duc Cao in the Acknowledgements section. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this error. 1. Quick, J., Quinlan, A.R., Loman, N.J.: A reference bacterial genome dataset generated on the MinION(TM) portable single-molecule nanopore sequencer. GigaScience 3, 22 (2014)2. Quinlan, A.R.: https://github.com/arq5x/nanopore-scripts/blob/master/count-errors.py. Github (2014)3. Anon.: https://github.com/arq5x/nanopore-scripts/pull/1. Github (2014) The formal correction including the updated figures submitted to GigaScience is available to view as a preprint. Competing interests JQ has received travel and accommodation expenses to speak at an Oxford Nanopore organised event.